Decorating weddings and special events over the years, I've often helped clients with other aspects of their events besides the decorating. I want to share that information and advice with you. I also want to highlight other event vendors whose work I like and different local venues. I invite you to ask questions as well.


Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!



Even though I've been decorating events for many years, every now and then I'm still surprised by something new. Usually the main person I'm consulting with in deciding the decoration for a wedding is the bride. Sometimes her mother, a bridesmaid or fiancé will give some input, but mostly the bride is the driving force.

Although one of the last weddings we decorated in 2012 was organized by only the groom! The bride was in South America – where they will have a second wedding at a later time. For the stateside celebration it was left all to the groom, with a few guiding emails from the bride.

In making the affair to be to her liking he made great efforts. So, I was happy to help him with suggestions for details he hadn't considered. In the end everything worked out beautifully. I hope that this year holds even more such interesting and pleasant surprises! 

 The following is his letter to me.
 
"I want to express my sincerest gratitude and appreciation for the beautiful floral arrangements at my wedding.  They received numerous compliments from (very discerning) members of both families, and I thought the altar table was perfect.  Thank you for helping to make your first 'groom-only' client successful in his wedding planning endeavors.  (The Bride) adored the bouquet."


No comments:

Post a Comment